Breathing filter is used to microbiological filtration, humidification, warming inspired gases.
Generally, connect in airway between respiratory equipment and patient.
- Generally, contains hydrophobic membrane that provides barrier & electrostatic filtration.
- Bacterial and viral filters ideally have filtration efficiency of >99.9%
- HME filters with humidification efficiency up to 33mgH2O/L
- Conical fittings are in accordance with ISO standards to ensure good connection stability.
- Initial set up is simple, quick and secure.
- Connects to a standard 15mm connector on an endotracheal tube.
- Placed in line between Y-piece of breathing circuit and ETT.
- Ease of use, light, can retain their ability to humidify for up to 4 days with minimal change in resistance.
BVF, HME, BVF-HME.